Dishwasher - Drift
Owning a strong connection to place, Drift is an ode to Nova Scotia’s land, people and history. Located on the main level of the newly built five-star Muir Hotel, Drift’s salon, bar and promenade offers an environment that evokes a one-of-a-kind sense of place, along with almost-surreal harbourfront views within a simple, modern and stylish setting. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, as well as weekend brunch, Drift’s menus represent a modern interpretation of Atlantic Canadian classics. Drift’s chefs maintain close relationships with Nova Scotia purveyors, and source the finest products across the East Coast–from fennel to fiddleheads. Chefs take a clean, contemporary approach to plating, while ensuring each dish still feels approachable and not too fussy.
Under the direction of the Back of House Management Team, our dishwashers clean, polish and put away all front of house glassware and utensils while maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the dish area and dish machines.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate dishwashers efficiently.
- Wash glassware and flatware.
- Polish all glassware and flatware.
- Clean and sanitize dishwasher mats, dish carts and dish racks.
- Assist in receiving and stocking supplies/products.
- Safely handle and store cleaning products.
- General dish area maintenance including: sweeping, mopping, organization and garbage removal.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a dishwasher role or similar environment an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **