Host - R&D
R&D is a bold and modern Canadian Asian restaurant in the heart of Toronto’s iconic Chinatown. Owned and operated by Eric Chong, Season 1 winner of CTV’s MasterChef Canada, and his mentor, Michelin-starred Chef Alvin Leung, the menu combines traditional Asian flavours with Canadian favourites into bold, vibrant dishes.
What’s in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
Joining us means you will be part of an extraordinary and exciting company! You’re a key team player collaborating closely with the rest of the restaurant team. You’re the first person to welcome our guests and start an exceptional dining experience. You’ll learn our sought after set of systems and procedures while working closely with your FOH and BOH Teams. You’ll bring a professional, enthusiastic work ethic each day; and contribute in setting our restaurants apart and contributing to rave worthy guest experience!
The Day to Day:
- You exude and warm and welcoming presence, in person and over the phone, even under the busiest of circumstances
- You’re confident in your communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- You escort guests to their table, engaging them in friendly conversation
- You’re detailed oriented and accurately take reservations over the phone and in person
- You understand that first impression are everything and ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- You’ll be fully versed in a short time and know all table numbers and maintain awareness of each section in the restaurant
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.