Host - Darya
- Halifax, NS, Canada
A refined yet earthy dining destination on the Halifax waterfront, Daryâ will offer a fresh, bright take on Mediterranean cooking. Paying tribute to the culinary traditions of Turkey, Greece, Israel and Lebanon, just to name a few, Daryâ’s menu will highlight a variety of flavours and textures—whether it’s a crunchy salad with a punchy vinaigrette or a slow-cooked lamb shoulder oozing with warmth and spice. Sharing and breaking bread among loved ones is at the core of Daryâ’s values, as its spirited, relaxed vibe will lend itself easily to indulgent family-style dining.
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
- Develop a briefing sheet before each shift that will inform co-workers of shows/concerts, special events and NBs.
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions, directions, etc.).
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
- Fill out detailed special request forms for birthdays, anniversaries, NBs, etc. and ensure that all co-workers are informed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Passion for hospitality
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **