Sous Chef - Yonge & Front
- Toronto, Canada
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining Oliver and Bonacini Restaurants.
With a stylish “see and be seen” bar, lounge and wraparound patio, O&B Yonge & Front is a destination spot for Toronto’s tastemakers, Bay Street’s movers and shakers, and neighbourhood locals alike. The expansive dining room is divided into cozy nooks, featuring a mix of communal tables, leather banquettes and high-tops, perfect for casual group dining, after-work drinks and date nights downtown.
Our Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. Our Sous Chefs are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates the restaurant's vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant's future.
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant
- Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience in a similar environment
- Passion for food & culinary excellence
- High level of integrity
- Discipline and vision
- Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail
- Drive and takes initiative
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Performs well in a performance based culture
- Is very hands on and motivates by setting the example
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **