- Toronto, ON, Canada
Oliver & Bonacini is recognized as one of Canada’s leading hospitality companies, operating a variety of unique and innovative restaurants, event venues and catering in Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Alberta. O&B credits its success to the development of a strong corporate culture, where excellence of food quality and service are valued above all else.
The marketing team at O&B is a dynamic group of creative professionals who specialize in all areas of marketing, including digital marketing, public relations, social media, graphic design, photography, guest relations and more. With a focus on collaboration and producing exceptional work, we work together to achieve company goals and objectives, while identifying new opportunities that will help set O&B apart in the food and hospitality industry.
Are you a budding marketer with a passion for hospitality? Or a foodie with an interest in all things marketing? We’re looking for someone to provide administrative and logistical support to O&B’s marketing department. If you are incredibly organized, comfortable working in a high-paced environment, and a great communicator, this could be the position for you!
Our Marketing Assistant will help ensure all marketing deliverables are executed in the most timely and efficient manner possible. This position involves working with a cross-functional team, and will provide the opportunities to engage with a variety of marketing tactics from the ground up. While we are currently working remotely, this position would eventually be based out of our midtown head office, with regular visits to Toronto restaurants that are accessible by the TTC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Materials Coordination
- Collaborate with restaurants to ensure their marketing materials are up to date and well stocked, coordinating inventory reorders as required, and removal of outdated materials where necessary (e.g menu covers, menu paper, postcards, business cards, promotional material, etc.)
- Establish and meticulously maintain a shared file archive of all marketing creative materials
- Maintain a catalog of all print and creative specifications
Vendor Management and Budgeting
- Maintain updated list of all vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate and facilitate all printing logistics, including determining order details/ specifications and collecting cost competitive quotes
- Track expenses and ensure invoices are filed
- Coordinate various project deliverables and maintaining marketing and advertising calendars
- Conduct online and onsite audits
- Maintain and update external online listings with accurate information
- Coordinate site visits, installations, deliveries and execution of promotional projects with relevant parties
- Provide general administrative support and onsite support as required
Market Research and Reporting
- Conduct consumer and competitor market research
- Complete post-campaign reports and distribute data as appropriate
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Outstanding communication skills, with a hospitality-first approach to all internal and external communications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with fanatical attention to detail
- Experience multitasking and working with deadlines
- Strong computer skills, with practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workplace
- The ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with marketing tactics
- Self-motivation, and an ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
- Creativity, flexibility and a sense of humour!
Please note: cover letters are encouraged!
O&B values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage all people qualified for this role to apply.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program
**We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **