Cook - Drift
- Halifax, NS, Canada
A new addition to the East Coast, Freehand Hospitality is currently developing several unique chef-driven concepts in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Launching throughout 2021 and 2022, our diverse portfolio of restaurants and bars will showcase a wide array of cooking styles—from upscale Maritime dining to casual Latin fare. Merging together globally inspired techniques with treasured Atlantic Canadian ingredients, along with warm and genuine hospitality, we are excited to contribute to the future of the region’s vibrant culinary scene—one bite at a time.
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **