Mixologist/ Cocktail bartender
- Halifax, NS, Canada
Opening December 2021, BKS will be a modern reinvention of an old-world cocktail bar and speakeasy, serving up handcrafted libations and elevated small plates. Located within the Muir hotel, BKS is accessible by a small, discreet elevator. The space features a luxurious indoor bar and lounge dressed in rich velvets, marble and mohair; as well as a large patio with dramatic ocean views. Secretive, mysterious and mischievous by nature, BKS will be an intimate escape away from the crowds and will be open to hotel guests and members only.
Our mixologists take pride in their food, wine and spirit knowledge. They build relationships with their guests and are often asked for by name. They display natural showmanship, have great communication skills and an eye for detail. A mixologist receives beverage orders and makes beverages in a timely and efficient manner maintaining all Freehand standards. They also communicate beverage descriptions and modifications with team members to ensure guests receive their requested beverage.
We are looking for someone with a solid bartending background, in-depth knowledge of classic cocktails, a desire to create signature drinks, decent wine knowledge and a flair for entertaining to join our already exemplary team.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Propensity for the creation and ideation side of cocktailing
- Ability to create syrups, infusions and tinctures to specification.
- Adhering to bar prep schedule and maintaining par levels at all times
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Promptly receive drink order chits and pour all beverages according to Freehand standards
- Present beverages in a clear and organized manner at the service bar pick up area
- Communicate beverage descriptions, specials and information to guests and team members
- Setup and take apart bar area, dishwasher and cappuccino machine
- Stock and maintain all bar products including mis en place
- Check and maintain beer keg and liquor levels
- Count and take inventory of all beverages and supplies and assist manager with inventory ordering
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Other duties as assigned or required
- SmartServe Certified
- Proficient in English
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- At least 2 years bartending experience in a similar environment
- Impeccable wine, beer and classic cocktail knowledge
- Passion for food, beverage and providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task and be a strong lounge server
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs, liquor and wine boxes
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Freehand Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **