Cook - BKS
- Halifax, NS, Canada
Opening December 2021, BKS will be a modern reinvention of an old-world cocktail bar and speakeasy, serving up handcrafted libations and elevated small plates. Located within the Muir hotel, BKS is accessible by a small, discreet elevator. The space features a luxurious indoor bar and lounge dressed in rich velvets, marble and mohair; as well as a large patio with dramatic ocean views. Secretive, mysterious and mischievous by nature, BKS will be an intimate escape away from the crowds and will be open to hotel guests and members only.
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to Freehand standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Freehand Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **