Sous Chef - Shenanigans
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Located in the heart of Yonge and St. Clair, this classic neighbourhood pub features an expansive rooftop patio and serves as the area’s local watering hole and sports hub. With a strong focus on housemade burgers, chicken wings, pizzas, salads and bowls, Shenanigans’ straightforward menu pairs perfectly with its wide selection of draught beers, easy-drinking cocktails and affordable wines by the glass. Unpretentious, laid-back and humble, Shenanigans prioritizes creating a welcoming, fun and friendly atmosphere for the surrounding community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program
Our Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. Our Sous Chefs are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates the restaurant's vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant's future.
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant
- Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience in a similar environment
- Passion for food & culinary excellence
- High level of integrity
- Discipline and vision
- Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail
- Drive and takes initiative
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Performs well in a performance based culture
- Is very hands on and motivates by setting the example
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **