Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
- Halifax, NS, Canada
A new addition to the East Coast, Freehand Hospitality is currently developing several unique chef-driven concepts in downtown Halifax. Launching throughout 2021 and 2022, our diverse portfolio of restaurants and bars will showcase a wide array of cooking styles—from upscale Maritime dining to casual Latin fare. Merging together globally inspired techniques with treasured Atlantic Canadian ingredients, along with warm and genuine hospitality, we are excited to contribute to the future of the region’s vibrant culinary scene—one bite at a time.
We are searching for a Social Media & Marketing Coordinator to support the launch and ongoing promotion of our East Coast restaurant projects (e.g. Drift restaurant opening late fall 2021). Working with the Oliver & Bonacini Marketing team and the onsite Director of Operations, the ideal candidate will possess an aptitude for social media and digital marketing, solid photography skills for social media purposes, and strong copywriting skills. This position is an excellent opportunity for a multi-tasking professional who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
Please note: This position will require regular visits to restaurants in Halifax and surrounding areas. Candidates who are not living in/are not able to commute to Halifax will not be considered.
- Support and execute overall digital marketing strategies through photography, content planning, execution and reporting across all social media platforms (eg. Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn) and websites
- Assist in developing strategies to increase engagement and online presence across social media platforms
- Produce written and visual content for restaurant social media platforms
- Assist with developing and maintaining social media content calendars
- Regular onsite visits (at times including evenings and weekends) to capture photography/videography or assist with photoshoots - food & drink, environments, behind-the-scenes content
- Assist with an influencer marketing program through outreach, campaign management and reporting to the marketing and restaurant/event venue teams
- Engage with online communities and respond to guest inquiries
In addition, this position will lend marketing support in the following ways:
- PR and Media Relations
- Marketing-related Procurement, Print and Production
- Event Management
- 1-3 years of marketing career experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in marketing. communications or journalism
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms, including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Experience running paid ads through Facebook Business Suite and Business Manager is an asset
- Experience working with content scheduling tools such as Sprout Social and Later is an asset
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Wordpress) is an asset
- Enjoys working in a hands-on and collaborative team environment
- Passionate about food and the hospitality industry
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.