Server Assistant - Sub Rosa
- Calgary, Canada
We are hiring for our new opening - Sub Rosa!
Hidden below one of Calgary’s oldest heritage buildings, Sub Rosa is the enigmatic offshoot of The Guild and a social destination for those with discerning tastes. A modern-day speakeasy, Sub Rosa offers patrons a coveted escape from the ordinary, featuring a stylish design, masterful cocktails, top entertainment and an elevated lounge experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
Server assistants are extremely knowledgeable about all food and beverage items in the restaurant and are constantly looking for service opportunities . They answer guest questions, provide recommendations and create a positive guest experience. They maintain a clean section and monitor food and beverage quality to ensure all items are held to O&B presentation standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Ensure accuracy when entering information into the POS system
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Experience serving or bar-tending in a bar, lounge or night club environment
- At least 2 years serving experience in a similar high volume cocktail driven environment
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and sales ability
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of product knowledge, including wine, spirits and cocktails
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **