- Toronto, ON, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
The event specialists at O&B Events are responsible for managing all inbound business. Through the event cycle of service, the specialist is thorough and detailed in all communications with clients, utilizing Delphi and Social Tables to ensure accurate event details are shared with the client and teams. The event specialist provides exceptional service and ensures that clients return each year. The specialist also educates clients on other venues they can use within the O&B portfolio.
- Network and create relationships with new and current clients
- Communicate with clients, gather event details, prepare packages, and send event confirmation details to clients
- Uses sales tools to effectively close leads, including proposals, site tours and planning meetings
- Follow up with clients using information from post events creating opportunity for new bookings and Moment of Truths
- Show a superior level of customer service through client feedback & repeat events
- Has a keen eye for details & knows the important questions to ask when planning an event
- Manage time effectively to meet weekly deadlines for BEOs and responds efficiency to client requests
- Contributes to the annual sales targets of the events team, and is able to accurately produce a forecast and speak to the business they are producing
- Contributes to the venue goals by sharing ideas and collaborating with team members.
- Can identify a great piece of business & present to management for negotiation
- Anticipates the needs of the operations and kitchen side of the business unit
- Offers a positive presence and attitude towards the work, team & company
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating a variety of events (inclusive of small, large and high profile functions)
- Prior understanding of equipment and event rentals is an asset
- Prior administrative experience and exposure to marketing and sales an asset
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with self-motivation and independent work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to engage clients
- IT/Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Fanatical attention to detail, strong organizational skills and sales ability
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum; excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks properly
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **