Server Assistant - Liberty Commons
- Toronto, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, Server Assistants provide support to Servers by inspecting all tables for the proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Assist with food running, ensuring that plates arrive to the proper guest (no auctioning off)
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Communicate with Servers and Hosts to maximize seating
- Practice a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
- Ensure that condiments are pre-portioned and the fridges are stocked with milk, cream, butter etc.
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Empty garbage, change linen bags and dispose of garbage and recycling
- Communicate to all Servers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Other duties as assigned or required
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- Previous experience working in a restaurant/hotel environment
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and prioritize
- Strong oral communication skills
- High level of product knowledge
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **