Bartender - The Guild
- Calgary, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Our Bartenders take pride in their food, wine and spirit knowledge. They build relationships with their guests and are often asked for by name. They display natural showmanship, have great communication skills and an eye for detail. A Bartender receives beverage orders and makes beverages in a timely and efficient manner maintaining all O&B standards. They also communicate beverage descriptions and modifications with team members to ensure guests receive their requested beverage.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Promptly receive drink order chits and pour all beverages according to O&B standards
- Present beverages in a clear and organized manner at the service bar pick up area
- Communicate beverage descriptions, specials and information to guests and team members
- Setup and take apart bar area, dishwasher and cappuccino machine
- Stock and maintain all bar products including mis en place
- Check and maintain beer keg and liquor levels
- Count and take inventory of all beverages and supplies and assist manager with inventory ordering
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Other duties as assigned or required
- At least 2 years bartending experience in a similar high volume cocktail driven environment
- Strong knowledge of wine, beer and spirits is a must!
- Passion for food, beverage and providing excellent customer service
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs, liquor and wine boxes
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **