Server Assistant- The Guild
- Calgary, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, Server Assistants & Bar Backs provide support to Servers and Bartenders by inspecting all the bar and tables for the proper mise en place, ensuring bar is properly stocked, cleanliness and completeness. They practice a high level of floor awareness and have exceptional knowledge of all food and beverage items.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Assist with food running, ensuring that plates arrive to the proper guest (no auctioning off)
- Assist with setting up the bar area, changing kegs, restocking supplies, ice, etc...
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Hosts to maximize seating
- Practice a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Empty garbage, change linen bags and dispose of garbage and recycling
- Communicate to all Servers/Bartenders any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Experience serving or bar-tending in a bar, lounge or night club environment
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and prioritize
- Strong oral communication skills
- High level of product knowledge
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Ability to 50 kgs (100 lbs)
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **