- Toronto, ON, Canada
The Training and Development Specialist/Instructional Designer is an integral member of the HR team and is responsible for developing and implementing of e-learning modules and other training and development materials that will result in the successful development of hourly staff, managers and corporate head office. A key component of this role from the onset will be to work closely with the Manager of Learning to revamp the design, content and structure of the current learning management system.
- Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to update, improve and help drive all current training programs.
- Works with Manager to assist in planning, developing and sourcing new and innovative training and development programs in response to the needs of the organization; determine the cost/benefit of such programs.
- Works with Manager to oversee and manage the roll-out of approved training and development programs, including the design and implementation of online training.
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling e-learning course content.
- Works with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Set instructional end goals and creates content that matches them.
- Creates supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devises modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course(s).
- Maintains project documentation and course folders.
- Serves as a technical resource for programs that are internally developed and presented.
- Conduct the delivery of selected training and development programs as required.
- Develop and maintain training related forms, job aids and materials
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience in Human Resources or Instructional Design.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in training and development or instructional design.
- Completion of Adult Learning Certificate desirable.
- Proven working experience in eLearning design and with eLearning technology (Articulate would be an asset).
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System (Docebo would be an asset).
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing training and development programs and resource manuals.
- Prior exposure to multi-unit food & beverage operations as well as working experience in the restaurant industry a definite asset.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write effective copy and instructional text.
- Strong business acumen
- Self starter, flexible, and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast paced environment
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **