Assistant Manager - Liberty Commons
- Toronto, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
Liberty Commons: A modern-day brewpub, Liberty Commons honours the history and hustle of the ‘hood, and celebrates the union of good food and good beer in good company. As Oliver & Bonacini and Big Rock Brewery team up here, mad chefs meet mad hops, and invite you to feast on a true food and brew collaboration in a beauty of a space. A pitcher perfect marriage!
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the restaurant including staffing, cost controls, staff training, budgeting, administration and active floor management during service.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate the vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforce the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the future
- Regularly monitor and achieve the O&B points of technical service and points of details
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike
- Show leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and wine
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the venue
- Use conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Assist with the tracking of sales, invoicing, and managing inventory
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll records
- Strive for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Work with Marketing to design and implement a strategy to attract new business
- Build relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Additional duties as assigned or required
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Hospitality
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high volume, fast paced hospitality environment.
- Experience in a events or banquet environment is an asset
- WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate or comparable an asset
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate extreme organization in a fast paced environment while acting as a team player
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong business acumen
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers