General Manager - Pizzeria Libretto
- Toronto, ON, Canada
It all started with a trip to Napoli... After drawing inspiration from the Neapolitan pizza tradition native to Naples, Pizzeria Libretto opened in August 2008 on Ossington as one of the first restaurants in Toronto to proudly serve VPN certified pizza within the strict guidelines set out by the Napoli government. As Pizzeria Libretto expanded to 4 locations around Toronto, Executive Chef Rocco Agostino remains rooted in the belief that food should be simple and made with passion. From the best Neapolitan pizza to service relentless in quality, Pizzeria Libretto delivers a consistently memorable experience - turning guests into raving fans.
- Provide all guests with warm, knowledgeable and professional service at all times
- Be present and visible on the floor during service, providing assistance to servers and their sections as needed.
- Strive to reach company goals in sales, service, quality and appearance of restaurant.
- Maintain cleanliness/ working condition of all equipment through personal inspection, follow the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Address/ handle any elevated guest complaints
- Maintain good customer and public relations with vendors/ suppliers
- Follow restaurant opening and closing procedures, including completion of opening/ closing checklists
- Oversee and ensure employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness through staff training and monitoring
- Act as lead for all restaurant team members, coordinating all communication between FOH and BOH staff
- Understand and manage prime cost statements of the restaurant
- Oversee successful training programs and maintain high level of staff retention by creating a positive work environment for all staff and management
- Review and approve all invoices on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Libretto’s standards and follow up where necessary
- Oversee all performance management of Libretto team members.
- Continually strive to coach and develop management in all areas of professional development
- Provide budgets for all hourly labour and purchases (FOH & BOH) ensuring that costs are in line with business model
- Chair/ organize period management & weekly management meetings with full management team
- Minimum 5 years managing experience in a restaurant/hospitality company
- Desirable: Minimum Level 2 (or equivalent) Wine Certificate
- Smart Serve certification required
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work efficiently and consistently in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to lead a team, be a motivational team player
- Have the ability to carry a weight/ physical workload of up to 40lbs
- Be able to work in standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Professional appearance
Additional Perks of joining the Libretto Management Team:
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Lifestyle Bonus
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Tip Out
- Trips & Travel