Sous Chef - Pizzeria Libretto
- Toronto, ON, Canada
It all started with a trip to Napoli... After drawing inspiration from the Neapolitan pizza tradition native to Naples, Pizzeria Libretto opened in August 2008 on Ossington as one of the first restaurants in Toronto to proudly serve VPN certified pizza within the strict guidelines set out by the Napoli government. As Pizzeria Libretto expanded to 4 locations around Toronto, Executive Chef Rocco Agostino remains rooted in the belief that food should be simple and made with passion. From the best Neapolitan pizza to service relentless in quality, Pizzeria Libretto delivers a consistently memorable experience - turning guests into raving fans.
Pizzeria Libretto is the OG Neapolitan pizzeria in the city. We are currently looking for Sous Chefs and Jr. Sous Chefs who are interested in sharing their skills and expertise while advancing their career.
- Meet with daytime manager on a daily basis to ensure proper shift changeover
- Ensure staff meal is prepared by scheduled time
- Responsible for following proper closing procedures, ensuring that the main kitchen, dish pit, prep room, cheese room, and walk-in fridge are all closed and the equipment has been turned off at shift close
- Set up food stations and ensure all other stations are set-up according to restaurant guidelines
- Oversee quality of dishes and the timing of the execution on the line in the absence of the Sous Chef and Chef di Cucina
- Monitor sanitation procedures and ensure health code is followed
- Communicate any staff issues with management
Our Chefs are responsible for leading and driving the daily operations including managing the kitchen, overseeing the development of team members and completing administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of kitchen experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Additional Perks of joining the Libretto Management Team:
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Lifestyle Bonus
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Tip Out
- Trips & Travel