Cook - Shenanigans
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Located in the heart of Yonge and St. Clair, this classic neighbourhood pub features an expansive rooftop patio and serves as the area’s local watering hole and sports hub. With a strong focus on housemade burgers, chicken wings, pizzas, salads and bowls, Shenanigans’ straightforward menu pairs perfectly with its wide selection of draught beers, easy-drinking cocktails and affordable wines by the glass. Unpretentious, laid-back and humble, Shenanigans prioritizes creating a welcoming, fun and friendly atmosphere for the surrounding community.
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **