Bar Manager - Sub Rosa
- Calgary, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
The Bar Manager will oversee the bar program by creating and maintaining bar standards while driving sales through creative and innovative promotions and building relationships with suppliers and vendors. In addition, the Bar Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the restaurant bar including staffing, cost controls, staff training, budgeting, administration and active floor management during service.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the overall bar and beverage program for the restaurant including cocktails, beers, garnishing and non-alcoholic beverages
- Create and maintain service and operational standards for the bar, making use of best practices and efficiencies where possible
- Lead the creation and maintenance of cocktail lists including new and innovative products and combinations while keeping in mind costing and speed requirements
- Liaison and build relationships with beverage related suppliers to source new products, new promotions and improved pricing
- Communicate the vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforce the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the future
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the venue
- Use conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strive for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Additional duties as assigned or required
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Hospitality as asset
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high volume, fast paced hospitality environment.
• WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate or comparable an asset
• Experience working in both a fine dining and casual restaurant bar environment is preferred
• Extensive beverage knowledge including traditional cocktails and new, on-trend beverages
• Experience with new restaurant or bar openings and bar set-up is preferred
• A passion for beverage, food and service is a must!
• Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate extreme organization in a fast paced environment while acting as a team player
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong business acumen
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini ; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
No calls from recruiters please!