Cook - R&D
- Toronto, Canada
MasterChef Canada Season 1 Winner Eric Chong and Michelin-starred Chef Alvin Leung have teamed up to create a new and unique dining experience. R&D serves modern Asian tapas developed by both chefs and is located at 241 Spadina Avenue
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager.
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards.
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant.
- Maintain a prep list of station duties.
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness.
- Assist in food inventory and control.
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 1-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Experience with Asian cuisine & with a wok is an asset
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
Compensation Includes: Base salary, gratuities, benefits after 1 year of service
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **