Cook - Auberge du Pommier - $16-18/Hour
- Toronto, Canada
Oliver & Bonacini is one of Canada’s leading fine dining and event management companies. Included in its portfolio are critically acclaimed restaurants like Canoe, Jump and Auberge du Pommier. Event spaces include unique and upscale venues such as Malaparte at TIFF Bell Lightbox, the Arcadian Court and Windermere House on Lake Rosseau.
O&B Caters comes to you. Experience the quality and style of Oliver & Bonacini cuisine at the location of your choice. We offer a diverse selection of customizable plated and reception style menus.
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **