Manager - R&D
- Toronto, Canada
R&D is a bold and modern restaurant in the heart of Toronto’s iconic Chinatown, headed by first-ever MasterChef Canada winner Eric Chong and his mentor, Michelin-starred restaurant owner Alvin Leung. At R&D, eastern dishes meet western style in the form of modern chinese sharing plates, where classic ingredients are given a vanguard treatment.
241 Spadina Ave., Toronto ON
Our Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the restaurant including staffing, cost controls, staff training, budgeting, administration and active floor management during service.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate the vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforce the values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the future
- Regularly monitor and achieve the points of technical service and points of details
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike
- Follow bar, beverage and wine control procedures exactly
- oversee all product for the bar, ordering
- maintaining cleanliness and H&S protocols
- creative input on cocktail list – identifying current trends, tracking sales to identify possible improvements
- Lead training for bartenders/servers on spirits, beer and wine
- Create and maintain supplier relations
- maintain excellent service standards in the lounge (30 seat area), as well as dispense for 50 seat MDR
- Opening/closing duties
- assistance with managing reservations
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Hospitality
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high volume, fast paced hospitality environment.
- WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate or comparable an asset
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate extreme organization in a fast paced environment while acting as a team player
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong business acumen
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
No calls from recruiters please!