Host - Babel
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Coming soon to York Mills Shopping Centre, Babel is bringing a delicious spark of live fuel cooking and warm hospitality to the neighbourhood. Open daily for lunch and dinner, as well as weekend brunch, this upscale casual restaurant invites guests to enjoy a colourful array of Mediterranean fare. Featuring a bright and airy atmosphere, a 10-seat bar and two beautiful private dining spaces, Babel can accommodate everything from spontaneous weekday lunches to vibrant celebrations among family and friends.
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
- Develop a briefing sheet before each shift that will inform co-workers of shows/concerts, special events and NBs.
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions, directions, etc.).
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
- Fill out detailed special request forms for birthdays, anniversaries, NBs, etc. and ensure that all co-workers are informed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or in pursuit of desirable
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **