Sous Chef - Bannock
- Toronto, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program
Our Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. Our Sous Chefs are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates the vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the venue's future.
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant
- Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience in a similar environment
- Passion for food & culinary excellence
- High level of integrity
- Discipline and vision
- Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail
- Drive and takes initiative
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Performs well in a performance based culture
- Is very hands on and motivates by setting the example
Compensation Includes: Base salary, gratuities, potential for management bonus, dining allowance, uniform allowance
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **