Host - Bannock
- Toronto, Canada
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
- Develop a briefing sheet before each shift that will inform co-workers of shows/concerts, special events and NBs.
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions, directions, etc.).
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
- Fill out detailed special request forms for birthdays, anniversaries, NBs, etc. and ensure that all co-workers are informed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or in pursuit of desirable
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **