Cook - Catering
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining O&B.
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. As part of our catering team, you will be required to undertake food preparation in our commissary kitchen, as well as attend offsite events at various venues across the GTA.
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the events according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the catering team
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Assist in the packing, loading, and setup of offsite events and kitchens
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- Maintains an impeccable image, specifically when out on events.
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant or kitchen environment.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **