Executive Catering Chef
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality is looking for an Executive Catering Chef to shape and implement strategies that will help us grow our catering division. The Executive Catering Chef is accountable for leading and developing the catering team, maintaining excellent client relations, as well as the development, preparation and execution of high-quality menus for all off-site catering events.
Relentless in your pursuit to push culinary limits?
Excited about learning and helping people reach their full potential?
Looking to work in an engaging and fun work environment?
Experienced in leading an off-site catering team; developing and executing high quality menus?
Passionate about innovation and quality?
If so - we want to you hear from you!
The Oliver & Bonacini Events team provides full-service catering and event management services for corporate entertaining, galas and fundraisers, social events, weddings, receptions and business breakfast/luncheons.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- As a leader, build a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Maintain excellent client and employee communications and relations to continuously improve the quality of provided services, resolve problems, and facilitate the acceptance and implementation of new services.
- Prepare appropriate recipes & ensure that all required supplies, resources and materials are purchased, ordered and available when needed
- Execute client menu tastings and lead the execution for all offsite catering events
- Develop customized seasonal menus inclusive of menu specifications and tasting notes
- Build and maintain relationships with team members and front of house management alike, reinforcing the O&B values daily
- Assist with budgets and annual strategic planning
- Effectively manage food and labour costs for each event
- Conduct recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as scheduling, performance management and employee coaching; assist in bi-annual reviews
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote O&B’s Catering services
- Represent O&B at special demonstrations, special events, or theme activities to promote the company
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum of five years progressive experience as a Catering Chef with extensive culinary training and proven depth and breadth of food knowledge and trends
- International culinary experience would be an asset
- Proven effective supervisory and management skills, knowledge of menu writing, food preparation, food costing and quality control procedures
- Prior work experience in a high volume production setting with experience in off-site catering, and kitchen management
- A dedication to understanding & exceeding customer expectations. A high energy level or sense of urgency in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Strong business acumen; organized and methodical team-oriented worker
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently; ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- A valid Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Competitive salary package including base salary, bonus, dining, phone and uniform allowances
- Extended health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Staff dining discount
- Tuition reimbursement
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **