Cook - Arcadian $18.00/Hour
- Toronto, Canada
* $18.00/hour! *
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager.
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards.
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the event space
- Maintain a prep list of station duties.
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness.
- Assist in food inventory and control.
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- Serve Safe certified
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **