- Toronto, ON, Canada
R&D is a bold and modern restaurant in the heart of Toronto’s iconic Chinatown, headed by first-ever MasterChef Canada winner Eric Chong and his mentor, Michelin-starred restaurant owner Alvin Leung. At R&D, eastern dishes meet western style in the form of modern Chinese sharing plates, where classic ingredients are given a vanguard treatment.
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
- Help run food and assist servers as needed
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Passion for hospitality
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **