Server - Bar George
- Montreal, Canada
Introducing Bar George!
Bar George celebrates the old in a new way. It is a modern-day rendezvous set in a national historic site, serving playful takes on traditional English fare.
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, Servers are extremely knowledgeable about all food and beverage items in the restaurant. By adhering to the steps of service they answer questions, provide recommendations and create a positive guest experience. Servers maintain a clean section and monitor food quality to ensure all items are held to O&B presentation standards. Through knowledge, accuracy and efficiency our servers provide the upmost satisfaction to our guests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Ensure accuracy when entering information into the POS system
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely
- Other duties as assigned or required
- A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- At least 2 years serving experience in a similar environment
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and sales ability
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of product knowledge
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **