Cook - The Guild $15-$17/Hour
- Calgary, Canada
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **