Cook - R&D
- Toronto, Canada
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager.
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards.
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant.
- Maintain a prep list of station duties.
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness.
- Assist in food inventory and control.
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 1-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Experience with Asian cuisine & with a wok is an asset
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
Compensation Includes: Base salary, gratuities, benefits after 1 year of service
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **