Intermediate Game Designer
We’re Old Skull Games, a video game studio based in Lyon, and we’re on a mission to create awesome adventures for players on consoles, PC, and mobile platforms.
We work both on original licenses and in partnership with renowned publishers, and our mission is to craft awesome experiences.
With a decade of experience and over 10 games released under our belt, and a crew of seasoned pirates, we've already accomplished some pretty impressive feats. We've made waves in the industry with hit titles in the Apple Arcade Top 5, including Spongebob Patty Pursuit and Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis. We even have a first console game experience, Cooking Star Restaurant.
As our studio has grown (we're now over 70 strong!), we've set our sights even higher. We're currently working on some ambitious action/adventure games for PC and console, and we're teaming up with some prestigious partners in the industry to make it happen.
During this move upmarket, new Senior profiles have been added to our team and have helped us to deliver products that are up to our aspirations!
But we're not just about creating amazing games, we're about fostering an environment where our team can thrive. We believe in giving our team members the creative freedom they need to shine and a trust-based management approach that allows them to do their best work. And it's working! Our games not only meet the expectations of a constantly evolving market, but they're also something our team is incredibly proud of.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Game Designer to join our development teams and work on new unannounced Old Skull Games’ projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing engaging gameplay mechanics and game systems in collaboration with other departments.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate creative ideas.
- Develop Game Design Documents incorporating clear diagrams and visuals.
- Apply effective methodologies such as the OCR loop, flow, sign & feedback, and player skills to ensure well-designed gameplay experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the tech department, and write Technical Design Documents to request mechanics and tools.
- Integrate and configure mechanics and systems within the Unity game engine.
- Define intuitive interfaces and communicate with other departments to enhance player interaction and immersion.
- Conduct in-depth case studies of similar games.
- Support playtesting with the QA department and improve the experience based on collected feedback.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Game Designer in the video game industry.
- A portfolio showcasing various documents and projects you work on.
- Bachelor's degree in game design or similar studies involving game experience.
- Strong knowledge of game design principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Unity and Photoshop tools.
- A creative mindset with a passion for video games (of course!)
- The ability to work on-site in Lyon, France
- Good command in the English language is a plus.
- Permanant Contrat
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Remuneration according to profile
OSG's extras :
- A team of happy pirates
- 35H with Flexible Hours
- Organization of hybrid work: Face-to-face and Home Office
- Flexibility on remote
- Additional paid sick leave for children
- Additional paid leave for people with disabilities
- We have signed the Game Only QVT charter
- Possibility of rounding up your salary to donate to associations
- Baskets of fruit and drinks available…
- Sports sessions organized regularly
- Our annual summercamp
- Our weekly breakfasts to know the latest news!
- Masterclass Organization
- Participation in events like Game Camp
- Concierge service in the building
- Organization of console tournaments, partys, and many other things..!