- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
We are a profitable company implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. We gather some of the most talented and experienced researchers from across the globe and nurture their thirst for a challenge with the toughest dilemmas of the industry. This would be a fantastic opportunity to join an elite team of dedicated research professionals to develop advanced technologies. We believe in organic growth in a positive and professional environment that places a strong emphasis on employee development through innovation. Our research builds the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies.
We are looking for several Patent Attorneys to assist in managing the Intellectual Property (IP) needs. You will be working closely with our team of inventors to evaluate, draft, file and prosecute patent applications before the USPTO and foreign counterparts.
Working as part of our elite squad of legal professionals, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with inventors in the drafting and prosecution of patents before the USPTO and foreign counterparts
- Preparing responses to Office Actions
- Conducting interviews with Patent Examiners
- Ensuring that application and renewal deadlines are met
- Advising overseas attorneys on applications for foreign patent applications
- Managing patent portfolios
- Creating presentations and reports of patent matters and patent portfolios
- Negotiating and transacting research and intellectual property agreements
- Other tasks as may be assigned
Who you are…
In addition to having extraordinary communications skills – verbal and written, you are/possess:
- Licensed to practice before a State Bar (Virginia preferred) and before the USPTO
- 1+ years of experience as a patent attorney
Although not mandatory, you would find it very useful to have:
- Wireless and/or video compression technology experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
What Else You Should Know
Our people are our business, and it is our job to take care of you. We know you have to see it to believe it, but here are some of the perks you can count on:
- 401(K) matching -- We help you plan and save for retirement with a 401(K) matching program that’s available on day one.
- Free PPO healthcare -- You and your family are covered at no charge under great PPO Health plans.
- Free Food -- Our kitchen is always fully stocked, including lunch, protein bars, fruit, sodas, coffee and tea.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off -- Our lives are enriched by family time, vacations and personal time, so we offer unlimited paid time off and sick leave.
- On-campus gym -- Unwind, reduce stress and feel great – even when you’re at work.
What are you waiting for? We hope you will click on the link and forward your credentials to us today. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.