- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
Ofinno is looking for an experienced Paralegal with patent experience to docket patent matters and work with attorneys to manage dockets, prepare and file US and foreign and US patent documents, prepare correspondence related to filings, track deadlines, interact with inventors, and correspond with foreign associates. This position is based in Reston, VA.
You will be a part of a creative, self-directed, and self-motivated team dedicated to advanced communications technologies. We believe in organic growth in a positive and professional environment that places a strong emphasis on employee development through innovation. Our research builds the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies.
Who We Are
Ofinno supercharges existing technologies. With an astounding 67% implementation rate for its patents, Ofinno has become a trusted source of innovation for some of the world’s largest enterprises. Not only that but we are a profitable company implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. We gather some of the most talented and experienced researchers from across the globe and nurture their thirst for a challenge with the toughest dilemmas of the industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with patent attorneys and paralegals to prepare and file patent documents with the USPTO and WIPO
- Tracking cases using PAIR, ePCT, and patent docketing systems
- Preparing Information Disclosure Statements
- Researching patent prosecution issues
- Generating patent and portfolio documents, presentations, and reports
- Other tasks as may be assigned
You have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of patent experience. Additionally, you are energetic and passionate about innovation with:
- Experience with a docketing system
- Experience working with PAIR and ePCT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Our people are our business, and it is our job to take care of you. We know you have to see it to believe it, but here are some of the perks you can count on:
- 401(K) matching -- We help you plan and save for retirement with a 401(K) matching program that’s available on day one.
- Free PPO healthcare -- You and your family are covered at no charge under great PPO Health plans.
- Free Food -- Our kitchen is always fully stocked, including lunch, protein bars, fruit, sodas, coffee and tea.
- Relocation package -- To bring the best in our industry on board, we offer excellent relocation packages.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off -- Our lives are enriched by family time, vacations and personal time, so we offer unlimited paid time off and sick leave.
- On-campus gym -- Unwind, reduce stress and feel great – even when you’re at work.
What are you waiting for? We hope you will click on the link and forward your credentials to us today. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.