Sr. Technical Staff/Video Compression
- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
Ofinno is looking for an experienced Video Compression Expert with advanced video compression coding and systems experience to be part of a growing team. You’ll work in a collaborative culture, having the chance to learn how new technologies are developed, patented, and implemented in our research and development lab. This position is based in Reston, VA.
You will be joining an elite team of dedicated research professionals to develop advanced technologies. We believe in organic growth in a positive and professional environment that places a strong emphasis on employee development through innovation. Our research builds the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies.
Who We Are
Ofinno supercharges existing technologies. With an astounding 67% implementation rate for its patents, Ofinno has become a trusted source of innovation for some of the world’s largest enterprises. Not only that but we are a profitable startup company implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. We gather some of the most talented and experienced researchers from across the globe and nurture their thirst for a challenge with the toughest dilemmas of the industry.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for developing features that improve the efficiency of video compression and its transport systems. You will possess expert knowledge of compression theory, media transport mechanisms, and international standard organizations. You will be a part of a creative, self-directed, and self-motivated team of researchers dedicated to inventing novel compression technologies.
Who You Are
You are an expert in advanced video compression and transport system technologies with the following experience:
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 to 7 years of research and development experience.
- Strong background in image/video processing and analysis, video compression, and transport systems.
- Experience in developing video codec technologies on inter/intra prediction, transform, in-loop filtering, and entropy coding. Experience in MPEG standards – video (HEVC, VVC), audio, systems (DASH, OMAF), and 3DGC.
- Experienced in software development (C/C++).
- Proven track record in publications, technical innovation and problem solving.
- A great communicator and team player who is comfortable collaborating internally and with external customers.
What Else You Should Know
Our people are our business, and it is our job to take care of you. We know you have to see it to believe it, but here are some of the perks you can count on:
- 401(K) matching -- We help you plan and save for retirement with a 401(K) matching program that’s available on day one.
- Free PPO healthcare -- You and your family are covered at no charge under great PPO Health plans.
- Free Food -- Our kitchen is always fully stocked, including lunch, protein bars, fruit, sodas, coffee and tea.
- Relocation package -- To bring the best in our industry on board, we offer excellent relocation packages.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off -- Our lives are enriched by family time, vacations and personal time, so we offer unlimited paid time off and sick leave.
- On-campus gym -- Unwind, reduce stress and feel great – even when you’re at work.
What are you waiting for? We hope you will click on the link and forward your credentials to us today. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.