Sr. Technical Staff/5G Core Network
- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
We are Ofinno, a research-focused startup exploring and bringing to market emerging technologies in the advanced communications space. We are looking for a Sr. Technical Staff member who will be responsible for developing features that improve the efficiency of 5G Core and 4G Evolved Packet Core (EPC) Network architecture and signaling protocols. You will be a part of a small, creative, self-directed, and self-motivated team of researchers dedicated to inventing novel cellular communication technologies. Your work will be based at our headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
Who We Are
We are a profitable startup implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. Our work is building the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies. To fulfill on this mission, we have gathered an elite team of dedicated research engineers from across the globe.
Working for Ofinno will present you with a unique opportunity to join this team and to develop advanced technologies that will be patented and put into practice by leading companies in the industry. Our goal is to nurture your thirst for a challenge by presenting you with the toughest dilemmas of the industry. To help you succeed in this environment, we are committed to providing a positive space for you to make your contributions and we encourage you to develop your skills and interests continually. If you are growing, we are growing. Our success is our team.
What You’ll Do
On a daily basis, you will:
- Provide patentable solutions for implementation of new features in 5G and LTE-Advanced systems and NAS layer.
- Research and optimization of the 5G Core and EPC Network architecture and optimization of its services.
- Development of novel enhanced algorithms to introduce new functionalities and signaling for 5G Core and UE.
Who You Are
You are a researcher of the highest caliber with proven credentials in the 5G and LTE-Advanced Core Network technologies space. Specifically, we want you to:
Have a Ph.D. degree with at least 3 to 7 years of research and development experience.
Experience in 5G and LTE-Advanced core network technologies:
- Core network protocols used for 5G Core and EPC Network
- V2X, ProSe, IoT, 5G/LTE/WLAN Interworking, Network Slice, CUPS, MCPTT, VoLTE, SRVCC, DRVCC
- IMS, broadcast/multicast, policy and charging systems
- Experience in analyzing and implementing 3GPP LTE-Advanced and 5G Core Network technical specifications
- Have attended and be an active contributor to 3GPP standard organization, e.g., SA2 or CT1 working group
- Experienced in simulation/optimization of wireless systems, protocol layer design, and network signaling
Because we will be presenting and demonstrating our work internally and externally, we want you to be able to be a strong team player. Our people are known to be:
- Good communicator/presenters
- Creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Detail-oriented professionals
- Strong writers
What Else You Should Know
Our people are our business, and it is our job to take care of you. We know you have to see it to believe it, but here are some of the perks you can count on:
- 401(K) matching -- We help you plan and save for retirement with a 401(K) matching program that’s available on day one.
- Free PPO healthcare -- You and your family are covered at no charge under great PPO Health plans.
- Free Food -- Our kitchen is always fully stocked, including lunch, protein bars, fruit, sodas, coffee and tea.
- Relocation package -- To bring the best in our industry on board, we offer excellent relocation packages.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off -- Our lives are enriched by family time, vacations and personal time, so we offer unlimited paid time off and sick leave.
- On-campus gym -- Unwind, reduce stress and feel great – even when you’re at work.
What are you waiting for? We hope you will click on the link and forward your credentials to us today. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.