Sr. Technical Staff/5G New Radio
- Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA, USA
We are Ofinno, a research-focused startup exploring and bringing to market emerging technologies in the advanced communications space. We are looking for a Sr. Technical Staff member who will be responsible for developing features that improve the efficiency of 5G New Radio air interface and signaling. You will be joining a creative, self-directed, and self-motivated team of researchers dedicated to inventing novel air interface technologies.
Who We Are
We are a profitable startup implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. Our work is building the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies. To fulfill on this mission, we have gathered an elite team of dedicated research engineers from across the globe.
Working for Ofinno will present you with a unique opportunity to join this team and to develop advanced technologies that will be patented and put into practice by leading companies in the industry. Our goal is to nurture your thirst for a challenge by presenting you with the toughest dilemmas of the industry. To help you succeed in this environment, we are committed to providing a positive space for you to make your contributions and we encourage you to develop your skills and interests continually. If you are growing, we are growing. Our success is our team.
What You’ll Do
On a daily basis, you will:
- Research and optimization of 5G/6G New Radio transmission and reception mechanisms.
- Development of novel enhanced algorithms of the LTE-Advanced and 5G/6G network.
- Provide patentable solutions for implementation of new features in LTE-Advanced and 5G/6G technologies.
- Supporting the entire patent process from start to end.
- Interact with and present to clients.
Who You Are
You possess expert knowledge of communication theory and 3GPP standards related technologies such as massive-MIMO, FD-MIMO, new waveform (DFT-s-OFDM/CP-OFDM), enhanced CA/DC, network slicing, D2D, V2V/V2X, and multi-connectivity (mmWave/LAA). Specifically, you have:
Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 2-7 years of research and development experience.
A proven track record of successful contributions to 3GPP standards and activities
Experienced in LTE-Advanced and 5G/6G New Radio technologies:
- Develop physical layer procedures – massive-MIMO, beam management, scheduling/HARQ, URLLC, V2X, NRU, IoT, advanced waveform,
- Develop MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layer protocols for LTE-Advanced and 5G/6G systems.
- Link-level/system-level Simulation/optimization of wireless systems, protocol layer design, and network signaling
- Theoretical understanding of network performance, queuing analysis, and spectral efficiency.
Because we will be presenting and demonstrating our work internally and externally, we want you to be able to be a strong team player. Our people are known to be:
- Good communicator/presenters
- Creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Detail-oriented professionals
- Strong writers
What Else You Should Know
Our people are our business, and it is our job to take care of you. We know you have to see it to believe it, but here are some of the perks you can count on:
- 401(K) matching -- We help you plan and save for retirement with a 401(K) matching program that’s available on day one.
- Free PPO healthcare -- You and your family are covered at no charge under great PPO Health plans.
- Free Food -- Our kitchen is always fully stocked, including lunch, protein bars, fruit, sodas, coffee and tea.
- Relocation package -- To bring the best in our industry on board, we offer excellent relocation packages.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off -- Our lives are enriched by family time, vacations and personal time, so we offer unlimited paid time off and sick leave.
- On-campus gym -- Unwind, reduce stress and feel great – even when you’re at work.
What are you waiting for? We hope you will click on the link and forward your credentials to us today. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.