R&D Projects Leader
- Department: Technology
All around the globe customers rely on our safe connecting solutions. But we are also a reliable partner for our employees. About 1,800 colleagues in more than 30 countries play their part in ensuring that our products optimally combine mission-critical components. Whether it’s motors, airbags or heart pumps – every day we develop connecting solutions for a wide variety of industries and thus take important steps towards a better future. Would you like to be a part of it? Find your peace of mind!
Our production plant in Poland, opened in 2018, supplies millions of high-end clamps, rings and ‘Quick Connectors’ solutions to customers in the vehicle and manufacturing industries. Our team is also partly responsible for the multi-crimp rings product group. These rings are used for cooling, heating and air intake systems in the vehicle powertrain. Strengthen our team in Legnickie Pole (Legnica) at the earliest possible date !
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for planning, reporting and execution of research and development projects (products and processes) while meeting quality, cost and time (QCT) expectations.
- Development of concepts and constructive solutions for new products in compliance with costs, deadlines and safety regulations
- Defines measurable criteria for product and process realization. Collaboration in the creation of measurable criteria in connection with product and process realization.
- Responsible for carrying out feasibility studies to assess the possibilities and risks for achieving the project goals.
- Directly supervises the manufacturing process of sample parts.
- Is significantly responsible for the initialization, creation and monitoring of the concept, product and process design phase after IDEA and is supported by the R&D test department.
- Consolidation and evaluation of results from the basic and functional tests of the test department up to series production release.
- Definition of the requirements and specifications of the corresponding product solutions
- Accompaniment of prototype production in connection with product and process development
- Preparation of detail drawings, assembly drawings and production documents
- Design work on 3D-CAD preferably Solid Works
- Mechanical integrity calculations by means of state-of-the-art engineering tools (e.g. FEA)
- Supports the creation and updating of design and process FMEA's.
- Responsible for the application of project management according to IDEA/CUST.
- Develops and maintains contacts to strategic network partners in the field of innovation and technology (e.g. universities, steel suppliers).
- Further tasks as instructed by Head R&D Center of Competence V-clamps and Straps Oetiker Group
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong project management skills with relevant experience in new product development
- Precise working style with a high commitment to quality
- Proven analytical and engineering expertise (Design for Six Sigma, Finite Element Analysis)
- Excellent understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organization
- Ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience
- High integrity, fair, emotionally mature, self-aware with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Freedom for personal growth in a team with a unique culture
- The opportunity to work on next generation mobility solutions
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Fair compensation and attractive benefits
- Flexibility regarding working hours and location
We strongly encourage equal rights. Applications by women are therefore explicitly encouraged.
Get to know us to get ahead.
For more than 75 years, Oetiker has been a leading manufacturer of high-end connecting solutions for OEMs worldwide. As an employer, we offer our employees attractive international challenges and many development opportunities. Diversity and high quality standards are the foundation of our corporate culture. This way, we combine the visions of today with the technology of tomorrow.