Head R&D Center of Competence Manual Assembly Tools
- Tong Da Lu, Beichen Qu, Tianjin Shi, China
- Department: Technology
Oetiker provides customers with the peace of mind that their mission-critical components are reliably connected. We are a global leader in high-end connecting solutions for the vehicle industry and for high-value applications in industrial segments. Our expertise in high-quality clamps, rings, straps and quick-connectors ranges from powertrain and drivetrain applications to medical applications. We offer engineering, prototyping and testing support to quickly create comprehensive solutions for overcoming clamping and connecting challenges. With 1800+ employees in more than 30 countries and over 75 years of experience, we are the trusted, global, long-term partner for the world’s leading OEMs.
This role establishes a new R&D Team in China from scratch and takes responsibility for the R&D Center-of-Competence Manual Assembly Tool (CoC MAT) and the APAC R&D Pool. The role leads and drives all activities required to build an efficient and effective R&D team capable of delivering innovative products, processes and services. This is an end-to-end responsibility from ideation to product launch with the task to fulfill ambitious time-to-market, quality and cost deliverables. The role demands a high degree of competence and confidence in the ability to partner with relevant internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers with the ultimate goal to maximize business success.
- Heads CoC MAT and APAC R&D Pool, represents Global R&D in APAC
- Establishes and skills-up R&D team, optimizes organizational setup and fosters talent
- Drives state-of-the-art R&D based on analytical, scientific design and hands-on engineering
- Responsible for overall R&D team performance, capability and budget (PEX, OPEX, CAPEX)
- Oversees planning and execution of research and development projects (products and processes) while meeting quality, cost and time (QCT) deliverables. Liaises with Application Management for the overall project accountability.
- Tracks and manages technical risks, promotes a ZeroDefect mentality
- Tracks relevant organizational and project KPIs, drives continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for R&D Test and Prototyping Center, supporting internal & external customers
- Responsible for Standards & Systems including master data management (ERP), engineering and customer drawings, ensuring local R&D process compliance
- Builds connections between local and global R&D teams. Actively fosters OneOetiker culture
- Liaises with and supports relevant stakeholders (Application Center, Production, Marketing, etc) and their activities. Ensures smooth project hand-over to Global Engineering
- Responsible for strategic projects as assigned by Head R&D Oetiker Group
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven drive (energy, determination, motivation) and a can-do mentality
- Excellent leadership and communication skills paired with strong innovative thinking
- Strong project management skills with relevant experience in new product development
- Precise working style with a high commitment to quality
- Proven analytical and engineering expertise (Design for Six Sigma, Finite Element Analysis)
- Excellent understanding of broader business environment and application of business relevant intelligence during project execution
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organization
- Team player valuing people, fair, high integrity, emotionally mature with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
Experience & Qualification
- 10+ years R&D experience, preferably in Automotive or in a global high-mix/high-volume OEM environment
- 5+ years experience in a R&D managerial role in a global company
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (BSc, MSc) combined with relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience in Quality Systems such as IATF 16949 and ISO 9001
The incumbent will be part of the global R&D team, contributing to global projects and activities. Global travel is required (approx 10%).