- 30 E Industrial Rd, Branford, CT 06405, USA
- Department: Technology
Oetiker provides customers with the peace of mind that their mission-critical components are reliably connected. We are a global leader in high-end connecting solutions for the vehicle industry and for high-value applications in industrial segments. Our expertise in high-quality clamps, rings, straps and quick-connectors ranges from powertrain and drivetrain applications to medical applications. We offer engineering, prototyping and testing support to quickly create comprehensive solutions for overcoming clamping and connecting challenges. With 1800+ employees in more than 30 countries and over 75 years of experience, we are the trusted, global, long-term partner for the world’s leading OEMs.
Oetiker Tool Corporation, a subsidiary of Oetiker, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of quality hand tools serving as the internal hand tool center of competency for Oetiker as well as engaging customers directly across a variety of industries. Our tools are used by professionals in the electrical, electronic, datacom, automotive, and plumbing industries. We specialize in constantly improving designs and introducing new, innovative hand tools based on our customers' and engineers' extensive trade knowledge.
Job Summary Quality Engineer
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining our Quality Management System.
• Assists Production personnel with identifying, documenting, and resolving product quality issues as part of continuous improvement programs
• Develops and maintains system for identifying and recording all non-conformances
• Develops file management system for certifications and non-conformation issues
• Review products, processes, and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made
• Actively participate in production meetings with the manufacturing team
• Recommends disposition of product quality related issues
• Conduct process/product audits; lead problem solving/CI teams
• Develop and and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
• Valid authorization to work in the U.S. Sponsored employment-based visas are not available for this position.
• Ability to work with and interact in small to medium size team-oriented environment
• Effective communication skills in English capable of inspiring a quality driven culture
• 3+ years quality management and / or quality engineering experience with strong supervisory skills within a manufacturing facility
• Experience with problem solving tools such as 8-D, Fishbone, 5-Why, etc.
• Able to read and interpret AutoCAD, SolidWorks drawings
• Proficiency with precision measuring tools
• Familiarity with and/or working knowledge of ISO9001
Oetiker Tool Corporation is an equal opportunity employer