Application Engineer E-mobility Fluid Systems
- M-1, Detroit, MI, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Polymer
All around the globe customers rely on our safe connecting solutions. But we are also a reliable partner for our employees. About 1,800 colleagues in more than 30 countries play their part in ensuring that our products optimally connect mission-critical components. Whether it’s motors, airbags or heart pumps – every day we develop connecting solutions for a wide variety of industries and thus take important steps towards a better future. Would you like to be a part of it? Find your peace of mind!
To extend the reach of our newly founded Polymer Development Center in Gothenburg, Sweden, we are currently establishing our first polymer satellite office in the Detroit metro area. Join our new satellite office as Application Engineer and be part of creating innovative polymer system solutions primarily for E-mobility thermal management applications of our US Automotive customers. Our polymer team benefits from the global footprint and expertise of the Oetiker Group (with several production facilities in North America) while maintaining an innovative start-up feeling. We create high-quality solutions to ensure the future of clean and secure e-mobility.
- Support sales as technical expert in interactions with customers (virtually and on site) and identify customer needs and pain points
- Develop innovative polymer fluid system concepts, including 3D models, detailed drawings, mockups, prototypes etc.
- Provide system integration design support to advanced engineers of customers to integrate our solutions into their systems
- Plan and oversee the production of samples/prototypes and manage all internal and external testing and validation activities for new polymer solutions
- Plan and execute further research and development activities in close cooperation with the Polymer Center of Competence in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Degree in engineering (BSc/MSc), preferably with a focus on polymers/plastics
- 5+ years working experience as a project engineer in an automotive environment
- Professional experience in the development and design of plastic parts
- Excellent knowledge of CAD (preferably SolidWorks) and experience with quality standards such as IATF 16949 and ISO 9001
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and to explain complex technical issues/solutions in a simple and compelling way
- Willingness to travel
- High integrity, fairness and emotional maturity, as well as a high degree of intellectual curiosity
A position at the polymer satellite office offers exciting global challenges and a whole range of development opportunities. The unique company culture in our polymer team adopted from the Oetiker Group is built on a strong sense of trust where employees are encouraged to contribute from day one. We embrace our diversity and enhance it by being open to new approaches. We are therefore looking for colleagues who share our customer-focused mindset of delivering quality and value in everything we do.
We strongly encourage equal rights and gender equality. At Oetiker, everyone has the same possibilities to grow and develop with us.
Get to know us to get ahead.
For more than 75 years, Oetiker has been a leading manufacturer of high-end connecting solutions for OEMs worldwide. As an employer, we offer our employees attractive international challenges and many development opportunities. Diversity and high quality standards are the foundation of our corporate culture. This way, we combine the visions of today with the technology of tomorrow.