Head Technical Sales Industrial Applications Americas
- 6317 Euclid St, Marlette, MI 48453, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales
Oetiker provides customers with the peace of mind that their mission-critical components are reliably connected. We are a global leader in high-end connecting solutions for the vehicle industry and for high-value applications in industrial segments. Our expertise in high-quality clamps, rings, straps and quick-connectors ranges from powertrain and drivetrain applications to medical applications. We offer engineering, prototyping and testing support to quickly create comprehensive solutions for overcoming clamping and connecting challenges. With 1800+ employees in more than 30 countries and over 75 years of experience, we are the trusted, global, long-term partner for the world’s leading OEMs.
Responsible for leading the Industrial Applications Technical Sales Team within North America to achieve established sales growth targets in a broad variety of primarily non-automotive industry segments.
- Lead and coach the technical sales team.
- Implement regional sales tactics to support key account sales strategies and teams.
- Effectively use cross-functional resources to creatively support customer activities.
- Implement regional sales strategies for non-key account sales.
- Manage regional sales performance and budget.
- Manage regional customers, including distributor and OEM relationships.
- Determine sales team objectives and goals.
- Lead strategic playbook reviews and sales meetings.
- Manage sales team organization, sizing, territory design, and planning.
- Manage salesforce selection, recruitment, training, and motivation.
- Use analytical tools to evaluate salesforce.
- 5 years experience in technical sales management and direct sales team leadership with proven success in developing sales growth in new markets.
- Knowledge of business and management principles (e.g. financial acumen, tactical business approaches, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources)
- Ability to effectively lead and manage technical sales staff, third party sales and distribution organizations
- Profound understanding of fluid handling and fastening products and applications, as well as manufacturing assembly solutions, excellent technical aptitude
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal, formal/informal)
- Ability to learn and retain diverse concepts, identify and solve complex problems
- Ability to build lasting business relationships
- Ability to work with the highest levels of integrity and compliance
- Bachelor or master level degree in Business Administration supplemented with relevant technical experience, Engineering degree an asset.
Oetiker, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.