Investment Operations Officer - 12 Month FTC
- 2HT, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HU, UK
- Department: Operations
- Sub Team: Back Office Client Operations
Octopus is a group of businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help change the world. Founded in 2000, we’re now one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies, operating in two sectors – financial services and energy supply. In our financial services business, we’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist investment sectors, including smaller companies, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ more than 750 people and manage more than £10 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 retail and institutional investors. At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people.
We’re a group of entrepreneurially-minded businesses, each built on the belief that people and the planet deserve better. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Wealth, Octopus Giving and Seccl.
Life at Octopus is never dull. We’re an ambitious, people-first business that wants to make the world a better place. Because of this, we value energy, curiosity, resilience, and integrity. We’re different from most other companies you may have worked for. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
This role is responsible for the day to day Investment Operations processing. This includes processing VCT Buy Backs, depositing stock into Crest, in-specie transfers, ISA transfers, Crest settlement, dividend processing, corporate actions, and regulatory reporting such as TR1s, 8.3s and transaction reporting. Liaising with custodians to ensure timely settlement of trades. Dealing with queries from internal and external clients.
Delivery of the following:
- VCT Buy Back Service
- Stock Transfers and Nominee services
- Settlements of the following:
- Equity trades
- Unquoted stock
- Corporate Action and Dividend payments
- Updating prices
- Compliance with FCA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls, COBS and client assets) and compliance with other bodies rules (PTM etc)
- Regulatory reporting
- Transaction Reporting
- Monitoring and confirmation of all client assets (stock and cash / electronic and safe custody) for Octopus (where held by the team)
- Reporting the investigation and resolving any reconciliation breaks
- Strong problem solving and organisational abilities
- Customer Focused
- Hands on team player
- Adaptable and flexible
- Competent with both written and oral communication with people at all levels
- Well organised and thorough
- Personable with the ability to handle difficult people and deal with people of all levels
- Works well under pressure and can conform to tight deadlines
- A flexible attitude to work undertaken
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Able to react quickly in a pressurised environment and make decisions.
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background.
We believe strongly that teams are at their best wherever member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.