Investor Operations Officer
- 2HT, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HU, UK
- Department: Operations
- Sub Team: Back Office Client Operations
Octopus is a group of businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help change the world. Founded in 2000, we’re now one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies, operating in two sectors – financial services and energy supply. In our financial services business, we’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist investment sectors, including smaller companies, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ more than 750 people and manage more than £10 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 retail and institutional investors. At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people.
We’re a group of entrepreneurially-minded businesses, each built on the belief that people and the planet deserve better. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Wealth, Octopus Giving and Seccl.
Life at Octopus is never dull. We’re an ambitious, people-first business that wants to make the world a better place. Because of this, we value energy, curiosity, resilience, and integrity. We’re different from most other companies you may have worked for. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the role
The Investor Operations team are responsible for several aspects of the client life cycle. They will facilitate client data input and updates, the deceased process and the processing of adhoc client request/queries.. A range of regulatory requirements must be adhered to, as well as identify opportunities to streamline the processes and enhance current technology, in order to effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Deceased process including marking the account, processing ISA wrapper removals & send out bereavement packs.
- Dealing with deceased withdrawal, liquidation and transfer instructions.
- Training on transfer of assets to beneficiaries
- Fulfilling ad hoc requests from clients.
- Setting up clients including KYC & AML requirements.
- Updating management information systems.
- Managing a busy email inbox.
- Liaising with other departments including accounts, sales/marketing and compliance.
- Help with streamlining procedures and processes.
- Quality checking work of colleagues.
- Assisting with occasional direct mailings.
- Adhoc system testing (of proposed system enhancements)
- Working with the data team architect to ensure clean and accurate system data.
- Document management.
- Producing and assisting the VCT /EIS certification team.
- Dealing with post returned to Octopus.
- Tasking of work items to other departments work flow system
- Attending other departmental meetings & updating the team.
- Compliance with FSA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls and client assets)
Outline of skills/experience required
- Strong attention to detail and/or data entry
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
- A willingness to take ownership and coordinate between internal/external customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel and Word
Outline of Skills/experience desired
- Excellent problem solving and organisational abilities
- Deceased account processing
- An understanding of the financial adviser industry
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.