- Belfast, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth. As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
The role is to act as a liaison between client contacts and Ocorian's global Private Client teams to ensure that debts are collected in a timely manner; and to provide support to the teams in all matters related to debtors. You will also liaise with Finance and the Management team to provide regular updates and progress towards group targets.
Our Private Clients teams extensive experience in establishing and managing complex, high-value structures helps protect, preserve and plan for the future of our clients’ personal and family wealth.
Open to applicants based anywhere in UK, Ireland & Channel Islands with access to one of our offices.
- Act as point person for all matters related to client debt, linking in with the relevant teams within client businesses (who may be located in different international jurisdictions / time-zones).
- Assist with developing and implementing strategies to improve and manage global service line debtors, as well supporting the Private Client teams with strategies to prevent re-occurrence of delayed payments
Day-to-day, working with the Private Client teams and Finance you will:
- Undertake all necessary activity to secure strong credit control results for the business using a variety of communication formats, this activity will include:
-Chasing up overdue payments,
-Assisting with resolution of client queries and issues,
-Highlighting problem customers to senior management,
-Assessing financial (debtor) risk and assisting with the application of bad debt provisions, and
-Referring debts to third party collection agencies, when necessary
- Report information on daily, weekly and monthly basis to management as required.
- Continually enhance the businesses reports and procedures to maintain excellent efficiencies within the credit control function.
- Deliver on challenging targets based on the following:
-Value of collections
-Aged Debt analysis
- Additional Ad-hoc duties
- Ideally a minimum of 5-7 years or more of relevant experience in a credit control function.
- Confident with strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage people at all levels.
- Strong IT skills.
- Negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- Experience of implementing standing orders/direct debits desirable
- Willingness to travel
- Prior experience with Navision useful, but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and positive influencing skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrable track record of credit control success within a large business with individual and institutional clients, ideally in the financial services sector.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems and the ability to drive the implementation of solutions across an organisation.
- Credible and professional behaviour
- Ability to take ownership in managing client relations.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a methodical manner
- Prior training in assertiveness / negotiation would be desirable, but can be provided
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be ;
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective ;
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.