Information Technology Data Analyst
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/OceanaGold
- Assist with the company data platform including data ingestion, data warehouses and data catalog.
- Manage database access
- Install, upgrade and manage database applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations and dashboards
- Be available for on-call support as needed
Other: Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience in data management, which can include database administration, data report generation and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
Key Working Relationships (List internal and external main points of contact for the role)
- Excellent problem solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- The ability to make a decision from a range of competing options where the outcomes are not entirely predictable.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Haile Gold Mine, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.