OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
Applications close 29 May 2023. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines.
OceanaGold are seeking a suitably qualified and reliable Boiler Maker who will be responsible for joining metal using a variety of techniques, often to form new structures required for the operation including cutting and welding of materials according to technical plans and diagrams. The role will be reporting to the Underground Services Supervisor.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to maintain, operate, repair and install a wide variety of welding equipment
- Design, fabricate, and build structures needed on the mine
- Do ocular inspections onsite and hot works outside the fabrication shop including underground
- Operate other equipment especially the necessary lifting equipment available in the mine
- Provide labor support to the electrical/maintenance team and any underground construction
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance on the equipment and other tools to ensure smooth operation
- Behaviour consistent with OceanaGold Values and the OceanaGold Way
- At least high school graduate
- With National Certificate in Welding is preferred
- With a valid professional driver’s license
- At least four (4) years of experience as a welder
- With excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, designs, and schematic diagrams
- Bale to weld small and large components such as plumbing, beams, and pipelines
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
- Highly attractive remuneration package inclusive of health and life insurance benefits
- Great opportunities for career advancement with an international mining company
- Friendly roster with great onsite foods, accommodation, and with transport from point of hire is provided for non-Didipio residents
- Professional development skills training opportunities provided